Sciennes Chess Club, immediately need a Supervisor, on Mondays, covering 3:30 to 4:30 pm. It’s a paid role at £16 per session, paid at end of month, via bank transfer.
There are 28 sessions in a year. Below are the job responsibilities (assisted by parent helpers):
- Responsible for keys to the chess cupboards in the attic
- Opening and closing the chess cupboard at beginning and end of each session
- To coordinate on the day, the other parent helpers
- General discipline of children in all rooms
- Supervising the children in setting up the tables and boards and clearing away at the end of each session
- Making sure that each classroom is tidy at the end of each session and tables set up as the teachers prefer
- Liaise with other committee members about any issues arising at the session
- Check PVG forms for all coaches are up to date, else liaise with secretary and treasurer
- Set up & take the register for assistant and junior coaches
- Take register for children
- Making sure that a junior coach is never on their own in a classroom.
If interested, please contact Mome Mukherjee, Chess Club Chair, at firstname.lastname@example.org or on 0789 434 0804.