Parents and carers are always welcomed and encouraged to take part in our work to support our school and pupils. Current vacancies are listed below.
1. Vice-chair: to stand in for the Chair on occasion and take on any other PC business that is of interest.
2. Co-treasurer: to assist the Treasurer in looking after the PC accounts. No special experience is required.
3. Clerk: to take minutes at the PC meetings and (ideally) help the Parent Council obtain PVG for volunteers. This is a paid position.
4. Co-convener of the Fundraising and Events Group: to help organise Parent Council events, such as the Fairs, the Quiz evening and the Ceilidhs.
5. Easy Fund-raising coordinator: to promote Easy Fundraising amongst the parent community.
6. Fruit Group coordinator For 15 years parent volunteers have prepared fresh fruit and vegetables for the pupils on Friday mornings. The coordinator role is to liaise with the fruit shop and the Parent Council, and to make sure there are enough volunteer choppers for each Friday. If this might be for you, please contact last year’s coordinator Marian via firstname.lastname@example.org.
We also continue to need support from parents for two other key initiatives run by the Parent Council:
School streets volunteers
We support the school streets initiative where roads around the school have restricted access at the start and end of the school day to make the street safer for children and families coming to and leaving the school. It is making a huge difference, especially when we have volunteers staffing the entrances to the controlled area.
Volunteers are needed to help give information and advice to drivers. You can read more about the role and volunteer by signing up on this doodle poll (which is also on the school website homepage in the top right).
Other volunteer roles
All Parent Council groups, and our school, welcome parents getting involved as volunteers. If you are interested in an area of work of our subgroups, please get in touch with the convener.