If you are a parent or carer of a child at Sciennes Primary School you can join the Parent Council. Sciennes Parent Council aims to be as inclusive as possible and parents / carers who have not formally joined the Parent Council are still very welcome to attend, observe or participate at meetings.
Parent Council is governed by a constitution which defines voting members in three groups:
1. Office bearers are as follows:
- Chair – Phoebe Cochrane
- Vice Chair and Clubs convener – Tim Pask
- Treasurers – Catherine McCormack and LeeAnne Boyle
2. Each year stage has a Year Rep to represent the views of parents and carers:
- Primary 1 – Stephen Tyre
- Primary 2 – Rosa Portero
- Primary 3 – Emma Urquart
- Primary 4 – Mary Ross
- Primary 5 – Claire Marshall
- Primary 6 – L J Stewart
- Primary 7 – Mary Kernohan
3. The final group of members are the conveners of Parent Council subgroups which focus on particular areas. (Parents and carers can get involved in Subgroups even if they chose not to come along to Parent Council Meetings.) The conveners are:
- Building and Facilities – Laura Bird
- Eco – Kirstin Unger
- Events and Fundraising – Jayanthi Santhanam and Aileen Nimmo
- Fruit Group – Janet Cormack and Emma Urquhart
- Health and Wellbeing – Fiona Denvir and Carolyn Anstruther
- Sciennes Football Club – Conrad Graham
- Communications – Emma Kirk
In addition, senior school staff attend the Parent Council as non-voting members:
- Headteacher – Alison Noble
- Deputy Head – Lucy Gallagher
- Deputy Head – Carolyn Anstruther
- Business Manager – Angela Christie.
The clerk to parent council, who takes minutes of meetings and is a non-voting role is Nicky Wilson.
If you would like to get involved in the Parent Council, please come along to a meeting –please see the events calendar for dates.