If you are a parent or carer of a child at Sciennes Primary School you can join the Parent Council. Sciennes Parent Council aims to be as inclusive as possible and parents / carers who have not formally joined the Parent Council are still very welcome to attend, observe or participate at meetings.
Parent Council is governed by a constitution which defines voting members in three groups:
1. Office bearers are as follows:
- Chair – Leda Uberbacher & Caroline McKellar
- Treasurer – LeeAnne Boyle
2. Each year stage has a Year Rep to represent the views of parents and carers:
- Primary 1 – Franca Macleod
- Primary 2 – Grant Catto
- Primary 3 – Gidona Henderson
- Primary 4 – Shane Buckeridge
- Primary 5 – Leda Uberbacher
- Primary 6 – Rosa Portero
- Primary 7 – Emma Urquhart
3. The final group of members are the conveners of Parent Council subgroups which focus on particular areas. (Parents and carers can get involved in Subgroups even if they chose not to come along to Parent Council Meetings.) The conveners are:
- Playground Group – Slim Gueddana
- Clubs – Janine Ridley
- Communications – Emma Kirk
- Eco – Kirstin Unger
- Events and Fundraising – Fran Armour
- Fruit Group – Janet Cormack and Emma Urquhart
- Health and Wellbeing – Carolyn Anstruther
- Sciennes Football Club – Gordon Stove
In addition, senior school staff attend the Parent Council as non-voting members:
- Headteacher – Andrew Hunter
- Deputy Head – Lucy Gallagher
- Deputy Head – Carolyn Anstruther
- Business Manager – Steve Davies.
The clerk to Parent Council, Amanda Vardy, also attends to take minutes of meetings and is a non-voting role.
If you would like to get involved in the Parent Council, please come along to a meeting –please see the events calendar for dates.