The Communications Group is a subgroup of the Sciennes Parent Council. The group was set up in October 2010 and aims to improve communication and broaden inclusion of parents and carers both in school and in the Parent Council. Members (parents/ carers and staff) meet on a regular basis and update on progress at School Council meetings.
Current members of the Communications Group are:-
- Convener – Emma Kirk
- Phoebe Cochrane – Chair of Parent Council
- Jay Santhanam
- Colin Sim
- Lucy Gallagher (staff)
- Angela Christie (staff)
- Alison Noble (staff)
New members are always welcome. You can also click here for dates of forthcoming meetings (link to school calendar).
The work of the Communications Group has included:
• developing this School Council website to keep parents informed
• setting up a system of P1-P7 Parent Class Representatives to enable a better flow of information between school, Parent Council and Parents
• producing a leaflet explaining how the Parent Council is organised and how parents can get involved.
• looking at ways the Parent Council can gather parent feedback. There is now a Parent Council email address, a Parents Comments Box in reception and additional opportunities at the Parent Consultation Evenings for parents to share views.
• making suggestions about the revision of the Sciennes School Handbook.
Minutes for Communication Group Meetings – See Below: